Published Permissions

Saturday 22 April 2017

Brown Paper Packages tied with Strings and Whiskers on Kittens for Fashionable Stamping Challenges.....



 Good morning!

Here I am with two inspirational pieces for our current theme over at Fashionable Stamping Challenges of "The Sound of Music" or "Your Favourite Things".


This first piece came to mind very quickly as I am a lover of brown paper at Christmastime, especially with nice bright red ribbon and perhaps a few fir cones on the top and some berries. So brown paper packages just shouted Christmas to me!  I've stamped some lovely spruce branches (Stamps by Chloe) in green and then overlaid those with some further spruce branches which have been embossed in white. The brown parcels were stamped (these were a freebee from a magazine) and then I tied the little string bows and attached all the strings to the parcels.  These parcels were simply painted in with diluted distress ink.  The background has been done using the new Tim Holtz distress oxide inks. The sentiment is also from Stamps by Chloe.

That's another Christmas card done and perfect for our theme this month!


Isn't this little puss adorable?  Here we are with my piece for "Whiskers on kittens" and you could join in with any kitten or cat stamp that you have at home or even just your favourite stamp!

I firstly stamped my kitten (which is an old wooden mounted stamp and the maker has actually rubbed off of the wooden block so I'm unsure of it's maker).

This background started off with brushos and I softened the edges with some distress ink.

I found the lovely little kitten toys on one of Sheena Douglass's stamp sets and they went perfectly with this little kitten stamp. I painted those in with diluted distress inks.

Finally I just popped a ledge in to make it look like the kitten was resting on something and poking the toy over the top.

This sentiment WHICH I LOVE is another from the Sheena Douglass stamp set.

Hope this has given you some inspiration for our current theme at Fashionable Stamping Challenges, remember, if you haven't got a stamp to match the theme exactly, it's wide open for you to use a favourite stamp or to stamp something that's your favourite thing!

Thanks for stopping by,
Leanne xx



2 comments:

  1. Two lovely cards Leanne. The Kitten really is adorable but she looks very mischievous too. Your Christmas card is superb. The little brown packages look fabulous and I love your spruce branches and the way that you've added shadow to them. As you say, that's another one for your stash :). Wishing you a happy weekend. Crafty hugs, Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to come over for a closer look... The kitten card is particularly difficult to resist! The colour schemes on both cards are subtle, great cards.

    ReplyDelete