Published Permissions

Wednesday 19 April 2017

Magical............


Good morning!

Well, how's this for a bit of drama!  I thought I'd make a piece of artwork for the current Artistic Stamper challenge of "backgrounds".  I knew that I needed the card to focus on the background but needed to add a touch of something to tie it all together so this is what I came up with! This got my mind thinking of woodlands and the little people that make it their home so this piece was all about the woodland and it's contents really.

I have taken some photo's along the way so lets take our journey and see how I got there:-


Right, I started off with a piece of Sheena Stamping card and chose three colours of Brushos and spritzed them on that background.  I then laid down the circle mask (this is of course to be where I have done the picture of the stag) and then the woodland trees stencil over the top (both Clarity Stamp) secured with stencil tape to form a hinge for me.  I have then started to bring in some distress ink from the right hand side.


With the distress ink now finished I removed the stencils but I could still see the Brushos through that ink so I decided to emboss in black to make those trees a complete silhouette.


OK, so here you can see my change of plan, I relaid the stencil back on top of the trees and pressed some perfect medium (a sticky ink pad) through the stencil, removed the stencil and then covered with black embossing powder and heated.  The coverage wasn't great but I liked the effect that I got and it was exactly what I was looking for.  I have also began to work on the picture that went along with the woodland in my mind.  The stamps are all Clarity Stamp and I have used a small moon mask on there too.  I have highlighted the pinkness in the sky with some Rosy Cheeks Artistry Ink.


Here I have emphasised the circle further with some black soot distress ink. Added the sentiment "Magical" (also Clarity Stamp) because that's what I think that woodland animals are.


Mat and layered black and white.

I thought that this was a rather dramatic background - but that's what it was supposed to be! I was really pleased with this.

Thanks for stopping by today,
Leanne xx

I would like to enter this in to the Artistic Stamper challenge "Backgrounds":-

Craft Stamper Challenge "Anything Goes":-












2 comments:

  1. Woah! This is so so pretty! Those powders come alive against your silhouettes. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really is magical Leanne. I really like the colours and the way that it looks like a globe with the Stag in at the front of your card. This is another very well thought out piece of art. Crafty hugs, Sandra x

    ReplyDelete